We’re part of your dental team. Your general dentist has referred you to us because he or she sincerely believes that your present condition requires the service of a specialist. Our goal is to make your visit as pleasant and comfortable as possible. We understand the importance of “from the heart” customer service and will always strive to exceed your expectations.
Please review the tabs in the left hand column and familiarize yourself with our office, then click on “Registration” and complete your information online. This entire process should take no more than 10 minutes, and will inform you about your upcoming visit. If you have questions, you may call or email by clicking on the “Contact Us” button at the top of the page. You may also review the optional FAQ’s or the Blog. We look forward to seeing you soon.
- What to Bring
Please be sure to bring the following with you to your appointment:
- The referral slip and any x-rays from your dentist’s office.
- A list of medications you are presently taking.
- Any necessary dental insurance information if you have insurance.
- What to Expect
First, and most importantly, your comfort and your care is our single overriding concern. Because we are primarily a referral-based practice, your general dentist or another specialist probably referred you to us. In all cases, we begin by collecting information needed to register you as a patient of our practice. All of this information is recorded digitally and is maintained with high-level encryption for your security. After initial contact with our office, we will email you a welcome letter that will allow you to login to our secure website and enter your information.
- Upon arriving in our office we will take your photo (for your digital chart), and ask you to confirm and digitally sign the forms you reviewed on-line.
- The time necessary to deliver thorough root canal treatment is variable and difficult to predict for each patient. We will make every attempt to keep your waiting to a minimum. Please be patient as we deliver quality care to all patients.
- Before beginning any treatment, you will have a thorough examination and consultation with Dr. Kantorovich. He will explain the nature of your dental problem, show you photographs and radiographs and recommend the treatment options that will best suit your needs.
- If time has been set aside for treatment, then you will be given adequate local anesthesia to numb the area.
- Your tooth will be isolated with a rubber dam (latex or non-latex barrier), and treatment will be rendered.
- Some cases take more than one visit depending on the specific circumstances of your situation.
- After treatment, your case and prognosis will be reviewed and post-operative instructions will be given.
Advanced Endodontics is equipped with the most up-to-date, high-tech endodontic equipment currently available. An operating microscope is used during all phases of the endodontic treatment. This microscope magnifies your tooth up to 20 times its normal size, allowing the doctor to meticulously clean every portion of the root canal system. This will provide the best possible prognosis for complete healing of your tooth.
We use digital radiographs to provide computerized imaging of your teeth using less than half as much radiation as traditional x-rays.
During your treatment appointment, just sit back and relax in our comfortable dental chair and listen to your choice of music. Our patients are pleasantly surprised at how comfortable they are during their appointment.
Your comfort throughout all phases of treatment is our primary goal.
The following is important information to keep in mind following your treatment:
- A root canal treated tooth will not have any hot or cold sensitivity, but could be sore and tender to touching or biting for several days.
- You will be given written and verbal instructions on how to minimize any discomfort by taking Ibuprofen, Tylenol, or another prescribed pain reliever.
- If you have swelling or a reaction to any medications, please call us immediately.
- Please wait for anesthetic to wear off before chewing so that you do not bite your cheek or tongue. This usually takes 2-3 hours from the time it is given.
- In many cases you will be asked to return to your general dentist within three weeks for further restorative treatment like a permanent filling or crown. Until then, please avoid chewing on the root canal treated tooth. Please do not delay in seeing your general dentist for follow-up care; doing so may cause failure of the root canal treatment necessitating root canal re-treatment or removal of the tooth.
- We may ask you to return in 6-12 months for a quick visit in which we take a radiograph to evaluate the healing that has taken place. This visit only takes a couple minutes and there is no charge.
- Payment & Insurance
The fee for your endodontic treatment will be based on the extent of treatment. During your first visit we will discuss the probable number of visits, their length, and the fees involved.
Our fees are generally as follows: Evaluation: $95-$125. Root canal treatment can range from $800.00 to $1,500.00 depending on the tooth and degree of difficulty. Retreating a tooth that had previous root canal treatment or requires surgery may incur a higher cost. If it is necessary to remove posts or broken instruments from a tooth there is usually an additional charge. A more accurate estimate will be given at the time of the evaluation.
For our patients without dental insurance, we will ask for payment at the time your treatment is initiated. For our patients with dental insurance, we will contact your insurance company before we provide any treatment. In most cases they will provide us with basic information about your insurance benefits and give us an estimate of how much of the cost they will cover. That way, we will be able to give you an estimate of your out of pocket cost, which is due at the time your treatment is initiated.
Please keep in mind that all insurance companies are different and coverages vary widely. We will do our best to accurately estimate your insurance coverage however every policy has exclusions & policy provisions we cannot be aware of. We will file your insurance claim electronically that same day to expedite payment. If the insurance payment is less than the estimated amount, you will be responsible for the balance. If the insurance payment is more than the estimated amount, you will be sent a refund check from our accounting office.
We accept cash, personal check, Visa, Master Card, and Discover. For your convenience we also accept Care Credit. You can apply for Care Credit at carecredit.com or by calling toll free (800) 365.8295. Our office accepts the 6-month at zero interest plan.
Igor Kantorovich DMD, MSD
14701 Detroit Ave. Ste. #274
Lakewood OH 44107
Phone: (216) 226-0200
Fax: (216) 226-0900
Registration takes around 10 minutes. Pre-registering makes things nice and smooth for you when you come in for treatment. Please note: You’ll be directed to an external site that is encrypted for your security.